The Battery Discharger (BD6812) is designed to accurately discharge 6V, 8V, and 12V batteries utilizing a resistive load. This device can be used in conjunction with our Battery System Balancer (BSB) in order to sort and regroup batteries that are in the same condition to eliminate unbalanced batteries in a bank. This will greatly extend the lifetime of batteries in a fleet application, due to the fact that balanced batteries charge evenly and therefore more completely.
May be used in many types of applications including: Lift Equipment, Scrubbers, Golf Carts, Electric Utility Vehicles/Carts/Buses…
Battery Charging System Designed for the Demands of Industrial and Rental Markets
• Unmatched Performance, Reliability, Safety and Quality
• The ”Green” Discharger: Totally “Repairable” If Field Damaged
• Join Over 750,000 of Our Satisfied Customers!
Features of the BD6812:
• Self-Diagnostic Test – BD6812 has the ability to test all internal components for proper operation. Progress is displayed on the LCD screen during the testing process and results are displayed upon completion.
• Low Voltage Warning – A message is displayed on the screen if the user connects a battery voltage below the normal operating range. The voltage of the battery is also displayed.
• Simple Operation – The push of a button initiates a full discharge test. The default setting discharges the battery to 1.75 volts per cell (VPC).
• Custom Operation – The user has the option to adjust the discharge time and/or finish voltage to desired values.
• Final Results Displayed – Starting Voltage, Ending Voltage, Discharge Minutes, Amps Removed, Watt Hours Removed
• Reserve Capacity (RC) – Computed and displayed for 12 volt batteries when utilizing the default setting.
• Microprocessor Control – Provides the BD6812 with superior accuracy and performance.
• Reverse Polarity Warning – An audible alarm is triggered if the cables are not attached to battery posts correctly.
• Previous Discharge Information – Automatically saved for easy retrieval.
• Durable powder coated 5052 Aluminum enclosure provides exceptional corrosion resistance
• AC Powered to assure safe, reliable operation and eliminates risk of low voltage “brown out” and battery damage.
• Termination voltage and discharge time can be easily changed (Nominal discharge rates: 75 amps for 6V and 12V batteries, 56 amps for 8V batteries.)
Weight: 13.4 Pounds
Physical Dimensions: 17.5” L x 9.50” W x 8.50” H
Input: 85 – 265 VAC @ 1 A, 50-60 Hz